Friday, January 30, 2009

The road to GLSL: Part II

Well, where's the part I dude? You may ask. Well, it was here, when I realized what I had with me for 2 years. And, in my 50th post, I am happy to tell you that we are nearly there now. Have a look.

[rpg@rpg ~]$ glxinfo|grep NVIDIA
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 180.25
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
[rpg@rpg ~]$

No, my prompt isn't like that. I reinstalled Fedora 10 because I was fed up with KDE. Now I have both GNOME and KDE for future proofing. I'll just keep upgrading and use whatever seems better at the time.

The install went horribly though. Long story. Some data loss has occurred too, though can't say how much. Hopefully, it is in can-be-easily-mitigated category. My mistake. Should have acted more prudently.

Anyway, now the fun begins.

No comments: